The Pydio file sharing & sync utility includes applications that can be accessed as following:
- via a Web Interface
- via the Desktop Synchronization (download the Pydio desktop client program for Windows, Mac OSX or Linux)
- via the Mobile App
This guarantees that you can easily manage critical documents everywhere.
Accessible in any browser
The web-interface of the online cloud provides an intuitive user experience, integrated preview for all of the most common file formats (audio, video, PDF, office documents), an indexation for quick search. In addition advanced sharing features allow you to share files or folders with internal and external collaborators via e.g. public links to your documents. Password-protected share links, auto-expiration after a given number of downloads and custom link handles make sure that your vital documents are protected.
A tutorials on how to do all those things is provided via this external link here
The cloud for your desktop
Desktop sync online enables a local folder to sync with the web interface (or to other computers using the Desktop sync app) when you or your collaborators make changes in Pydio. Many users appreciate this feature as it reminds them of popular consumer sharing software applications. Install the app and let Pydio do the work for you in the background. To the more advanced features, simply connect to the web application.
Advanced features include
- setting the synchronization intervals
- configure PydioSync upload only / download only or both
- choose to sync only a subfolder in a given workspace
- PydioSync works on Windows, Mac and Linux
Access - Preview - Edit
App download is available for both, iOS and Android devices and allow you to quickly access your files from your smartphone. Just visit the AppStore on your smartphone or tablet and search for Pydio.
In order to establish a connection to the online cloud server launch the app and setup a new server according to:
- Server adress: https://cloud.hochstaffl.eu
- username: your firstname.lastname@example.org email address
- password: your hochstaffl.eu user password
- enable trust ssl certificates
After the setup you are able to browse workspaces directly from your mobile device, upload files, shoot-to-upload photos or videos, or select a file from your media library and edit and update the file via external programs.